- Full name, address and nationality of the applicant;
- Description of the trademark: meaning, colors claimed, translation or transliteration of the characters into English if the trademark includes characters in other languages.
- List of goods, services to be covered by the trademark and if possible, class(es) of the respective goods/ services according to the International Classaification.
- A Special Power of Attorney executed by the applicant. (This document must be duly notarized, authenticated and endorsed by the Myanmar Embassy/Myanmar Consulate or Representative of the Government of the Union of Myanmar in the applicant country) (to be provided);
- A Declaration of Ownership executed by the applicant. (This document just need to be signed by the one who had signed the special power of attorney previously) (to be provided);
- 08 specimens of the trademark (with the size not larger than 80mm x 80mm and not smaller than 15mm x 15mm);
- Certified priority documents for claiming priority (if any).
In accordance with the legal regulations on trademark in Myanmar, Kenfox provides the followings advice for possible reference:
- Multi-class application is accepted in Myanmar;
- It usually 04 – 06 weeks from the filing to granting date to obtain a Trademark registration Certificate in Myanmar;
- Renewal of trademark registration is usually done once in every 03 years;
- In Myanmar, since there has been no specific trademark law so far, right after completion of the trademark registration, it is strongly recommended to follow the Cautionary Notice in the local newspaper in order to have public awareness of the ownership of the trademark and warn any potential infringement in case of trademark conflict problem although it is neither compulsory nor stipulated by any law.